Samsung Electronics has announced the highly-anticipated launch of the Galaxy S8 and S8+. The whole world has been waiting for the official launch after the picture of device leaked to the press in the beginning of March.
Samsund is proud to say that its 5.8-inch Galaxy S8 and 6.2-inch Galaxy S8+ push the boundaries of traditional smartphones with seamless hardware design and a variety of new service offerings. The new devices seem to represent a new level of functionality and convenience, opening up a galaxy of possibilities, services and apps as well as a stunning Infinity Display for immersive viewing experiences.
“The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ usher in a new era of smartphone design and fantastic new services, opening up new ways to experience the world,” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are our testament to regaining your trust by redefining what’s possible in safety and marks a new milestone in Samsung’s smartphone legacy.”
The surface of the phone is smooth, with no buttons or harsh angles, due to the Infinity Display and bezel-less design. As a result, users will enjoy a truly immersive viewing experience without distractions.
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ come with traditional Galaxy features that have already found support among Samsung users:
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- MicroSD support up to 256GB
- Always-on display
- Fast and wireless charging capabilities
A cutting-edge design is not the only innovation that Samsung has prepared for its users. The Galaxy S8 and S8+ feature:
- Premium Camera: The advanced 8MP F1.7 Smart autofocus front camera and 12MP F1.7 Dual Pixel rear camera will provide the best low-light, zoom and anti-blur photos with enhanced image processing.
- Powerful Performance: The Galaxy S8 and S8+ can boast of the industry’s first 10nm processor that will allow for increased speed and efficiency. Users will be able to quickly download files of any size due to gigabit LTE and gigabit Wi-Fi with support for up to 1 Gbps.
- Robust Entertainment: The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are the world’s first mobile devices certified by the UHD Alliance as MOBILE HDR PREMIUMTM. It means that colors will be as vibrant as in your favorite shows. Gamers will enjoy next-level experiences with vivid and superior graphic technology, as well as Game Pack, featuring top game titles, including select titles supported by the Vulkan API.
- Global Standard in Mobile Security: The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are built on Samsung Knox, a defense-grade security platform. To provide the highest security level, Samsung has prepared a wide selection of biometric technologies including a fingerprint scanner, iris scanner and facial recognition. Each user will be allowed to choose which method works best for him.
As promised, Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ feature Bixby, a new intelligent interface that is fundamentally different from other voice agents or assistants in the market.
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be available starting on April 21, and will be offered in a rich color palette including Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue and Maple Gold.