The North Korean government said that Barack Obama is ‘a monkey living in a tropical forest’ in a racist statement against the United States, which the dictatorship blames for knocking out its internet.
“Obama always goes reckless in words and deeds like a monkey in a tropical forest,” an unidentified spokesman at the commission’s Policy Department said in the statement carried by the country’s state news service, Korean Central News Agency.
Officials on the National Defense Commission, led by Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un, lashed out at America, calling its leader ‘reckless’ and saying the U.S. is shameless.
The U.S. government officials have denied all the allegations regarding the disturbance, which has seen the internet repeatedly black out in the country.
Which is more, North Korea also insisted that the U.S. are linked to masterminding the production and release of The Interview – a Sony Pictures comedy which was almost cancelled after a massive cyberattack.
Instead, after encouragement from the president, the picture opened on Christmas day in a series of American cinemas and was even uploaded online, making more than $1million in its first day and shooting to the top of online rental charts.
The Interview, directed by Seth Rogen, tells the fisctional story about the assassination of Kim Jong Un. The satirical film depicts Kim as a childish, camp maniac who cries over Katy Perry songs and soils himself live on air.
The Defense Committee has called The Interview illegal, dishonest and insulting. It statement Friday said: “Obama always goes reckless in words and deeds like a monkey in a tropical forest.”
It went on to attack the United States as a whole, saying: “The U.S., a big country, started disturbing the Internet operation of major media of the DPRK, not knowing shame like children playing a tag.”
It threatened to retaliate for the internet outages, though it did not specify what it would do.
Sony announced its decision to cancel the release of “The Interview” last week.
“Sony has no further release plans for the film,” a Sony spokeswoman said on Wednesday when asked whether the movie would be released later in theaters or as video on demand.
The company came under immediate criticism for the decision to pull the movie.
“With the Sony collapse, America has lost its first cyberwar. This is a very, very dangerous precedent,” said former Republican House of Representatives speaker Newt Gingrich in a Twitter post.
In an interview with ABC News on Wednesday, President Barack Obama called the hack against Sony “very serious,” but suggested authorities have yet to find any credibility in the threat of attacks against theaters.
“For now, my recommendation would be that people go to the movies,” Obama said.
However, it’s still unclear about the nature of North Korea’s involvement. The country, while lauding the hack against Sony, has previously denied being behind it.
The U.S. official laer confirmed that intelligence authorities have indeed determined North Korea was behind the hack, one of the worst cyberattacks ever against an American company.