One more photo series starring naked Kim Kardashian and other celebrities have been released online in the second major theft and publication of stars’ private photos this past month.
Unveiled pictures apart from the “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star include Vanessa Hudgens, Hayden Panettiere, Mary-Kate Olsen, Hope Solo, Kaley Cuoco and Aubrey Plaza were posted on the site 4chan and quickly spread on Reddit on Saturday.
Previously unseen photos of Jennifer Lawrence, who appeared to be the main star of the recent leak, are also said to be included in the latest batch. According to comments in the Reddit thread devoted to discussing the photos, the latest hacking may also include photos of some Disney actors.
A rep for the TV star refused to comment on the issue to multiple publications. Actress Gabrielle Union released a statement about the leak, calling whoever had leaked them “vultures.”
“I can’t help but to be reminded that since the dawn of time women and children, specifically women of color, have been victimized, and the power over their own bodies taken from them,” Union said in a statement with her husband Dwyane Wade. “These atrocities against women and children continue worldwide.”
The actress’s legal team is currently in the process of cooperating with the FBI to investigate the theft and publication of the photos.
The theft comes a few weeks after photos of Lawrence, Kate Upton and close to 100 others were published online in August, just before Labor Day.
A rep for Lawrence confirmed that the photos belonged to the actress and called them a “flagrant violation of privacy,” saying that “authorities [had] been contacted and will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos of Jennifer Lawrence.” A spokesperson for singer Ariana Grande, another a purported victim of the incident, said the photos were fake.
“I think it’s a wake-up call for people to make sure they have every privacy setting,” Kardashian said of the leak in one of radio interviews earlier this month. “It seems like there are a lot of people that love to spend their time hacking people’s information, and that’s just a scary thing.”
After the first leak, Lawrence an investigation into the hacking scandal in what her representative deemed a “flagrant violation of privacy,” warning that the authorities “will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos.”
Apple claimed that the iCloud was not compromised, and released the following statement:
“After more than 40 hours of investigation, we have discovered that certain celebrity accounts were compromised by a very targeted attack on user names, passwords and security questions, a practice that has become all too common on the Internet. None of the cases we have investigated has resulted from any breach in any of Apple’s systems including iCloud® or Find my iPhone. We are continuing to work with law enforcement to help identify the criminals involved.”