When you are attending a party or special event, making a great first impression is important. This means finding the right outfit and accessories to wear. Your clothes say a lot about you and are the first thing that most people notice when you walk into a room or when you meet someone for the first time.
This means putting together the perfect party wardrobe should be a top priority if you want to knock them dead at the next big social event that you decide to attend.
Tips for Planning a Killer Outfit to Knock Them Dead at The Next Party
The key to putting together an outfit that will knock people’s socks off and leave a really memorable and positive impression is to plan ahead and to find the clothing, shoes and accessories that best reflect your style. Here are some tips to help ensure that you can put together a great outfit that is sure to make waves:
- Know the dress code for the party. While you want to look good, you don’t want to look out of place. With well-designed and stylish clothing, you can make just as amazing an impression in jeans and a great shirt as you can in a cocktail dress. On the other hand, being overdressed is not likely to make you look good or make the impression that you want but can instead make you look as if you are trying too hard. Once you know the dress code of the party and what other people are planning to wear, you can shop for the perfect look.
- Find the right designer clothes and accessories. Bluefly has a wide variety of different clothing and accessory items that are made by the most popular and cutting edge designers in the fashion world. You can buy beautiful clothing and accessories that perfectly match the dress code for the party but that still stand out as being a cut above the basic and boring clothes you might get in your local shops. You can also find great deals on affordable designer options by shopping at BlueFly and you can cut your spending and get an even better deal when you visit GreatDeals.com for BlueFly coupons. Shopping BlueFly means you can get designer clothes at a rate that won’t break the bank.
- Buy clothes that complement your figure and style. You don’t have to have the perfect flawless body to look great in clothes and to make an amazing impression. Everyone has things about their look that could be improved or that they aren’t very happy with. The key is to play up your best features and to hide or take attention away from the things that you don’t like as much about your appearance. Having good quality clothes that fit you and that work well with your coloring is the best way to do that. Avoid outfits that are too tight or that hide your figure and fail to flatter your features.
- Pick a statement piece or part of the outfit to build your look around. You don’t want every part of your outfit to be screaming for attention or you can get right back into the position of looking as though you are trying too hard to impress. Instead, decide what you want your one really special statement piece to be. For example, you may want a killer top or a great designer handbag or an awesome necklace. Plan your outfit around this statement piece and choose other clothing and accessories to complement it and put together a cohesive look.
- Get help from a friend. Sometimes it is hard to have a realistic or objective perspective on what looks good on you and what does not. When you are planning or trying on your outfit for the next big party, call in your friends to get an opinion on the clothing and accessories that you have selected. Be sure to choose a friend that will be totally honest with you and that you can trust to give a realistic and fair assessment of your outfit. When your friend gives you style advice, take that advice without getting upset or mad and use it to make sure your outfit is as perfect as it can be. Don’t have anyone to ask? Check out some style advice here.
By following these basic tips, you can knock them dead at the next party that you attend.
About the author:
Jill Miller is quite the social light. If there’s a party, she’s there. And she’s dressed to kill. Oh, and then she’s writing about it the next day!