Lil Wayne Released From Hospital, Associate Mack Maine Says

Lil Wayne was released from the hospital on Monday night.

The rapper — who had been hospitalized in Los Angeles since suffering a seizure last week — improved enough to continue his recovery at home. Photo: Samone/Flickr

Lil Wayne is out of the hospital, according to his Young Money associate Mack Maine.

His Young Money associate Mack Maine tweeted, “Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!! @LilTunechi has been officially been released and is headed home….God is great.”

Mack Maine told his Twitter followers on Monday night that the multiplatinum rapper had left Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, where he had been hospitalized since last week.

Added mentor Birdman on Twitter, “God Bless.my son just release frm hospital.thanks 4 all tha luv.YMCMB.Richgang.”

Slamming a report that the 30-year-old star was in a medically induced coma and in dire straits at L.A.’s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Weezy’s fellow YMCMB members took to Twitter on Friday night to set the record straight.

After the hubbub had died down, Lil Wayne himself tweeted: “I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.”

During the course of the music star’s hospital stay, there were conflicting reports about the severity of his medical issues, and what might’ve caused them.

Confusion about his condition emerged after TMZ reported that the music star was in critical condition and in an induced coma after suffering uncontrollable seizures.

Then, after initially claiming he was being given “last rites,” the site backtracked and said decisions about his medical care had not been made.

Wayne’s camp maintained that the situation wasn’t as dire as initially claimed, but a number of famous friends still took the time to pay him a visit.

This wasn’t the first time the rapper has been hospitalized for seizures.

On Oct. 25, his private plane made an emergency landing as the singer suffered a seizure-like attack while en route. The rapper’s rep claimed he just had a migrane and was dehydrated.

“Lil Wayne was successfully released from the hospital after being treated for a severe migraine and dehydration,” Wayne’s rep said at the time.

“He is at home on doctor mandated rest and will return to work soon. He appreciates all of his fans for their support and love.”

However, on Oct. 26, the rapper was hospitalized a second time after he reportedly suffered a seizure while on board another flight.

A statement attributed to a Young Money rep stated: “We can confirm Lil Wayne did have a seizure and that he is recovering.”

“Wayne is alive and well! We watching the Syracuse game…thanks for the prayers and concern..he will update you all soon,” wrote Maine.

Soon after that Lil Wayne admitted  that he was taking seizure medication and that doctors had ordered him to “drink four water bottles a day.”

On Tuesday, the rapper was with Nicki Minaj in California shooting the music video for her “Re-Up” single, “High School.”

“Everybody that’s around him is taking care of him. Wayne has so many people around him that truly, genuinely love him. I’m not worried at all,” she said.

“Even him being on the plane, thank God that there was somebody there right away that was able to help him. I’m just thankful that he was OK.”

Share this article

We welcome comments that advance the story directly or with relevant tangential information. We try to block comments that use offensive language, all capital letters or appear to be spam, and we review comments frequently to ensure they meet our standards. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of Coinspeaker Ltd.