Notorious B.I.G. Autopsy Report Reveals Graphic Details of Rapper’s Death

It has been 15 years since rapper Christopher Wallace, known as The Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Smalls, was gunned down and killed in Los Angeles. And now his death autopsy report leaked online revealing details of how he died.

More than 15 years after his death, the autopsy report for Notorious B.I.G. was leaked on Friday to multiple news outlets, revealing gruesome details of the rapper’s death in 1997. Photo: olli1982/Flickr

New York rap legend Notorious B.I.G, aka Biggie Smalls, rap reign came to an abrupt end on March 9, 1997, when he was shot and killed in Los Angeles.

According to the never-before-seen autopsy report  Christopher Wallace was struck four times in the fatal drive-by shooting on Wilshire Boulevard and sustained gunshot wounds to his chest, shoulder, leg, forearm and scrotum on the night he was murdered in L.A. back in 1997.

The 24-year-old Notorious rapper -standing 6-foot, 1-inch tall and weighing 395 pounds — was shot while riding in the passenger’s seat of a Chevy Suburban. All of the shots traveled through the car door before hitting Biggie.

As it is said in the report 3 of the shots were NOT fatal, TMZ writes. Gunshot #1 struck Wallace in the left forearm and traveled down to his wrist. Gunshot #2 struck Wallace in the back, missed all vital organs, and exited through his left shoulder and gunshot #3 struck Wallace on his outer left thigh and exited through his inner left thigh.

The third shot hit his outer left thigh and traveled to his inner left thigh. “The projectile strikes the left side of the scrotum, causing a very shallow, 3/8 inch linear laceration,” the report said.

The fatal shot was the fourth, which hit B.I.G. in his right hip, and perforated Wallace’s colon, liver, heart and the upper lobe of his left lung.

Immediately after the shooting Wallace was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital. Doctors attempted to perform an emergency thoracotomy, but, unfortunately, Wallace was pronounced dead at 1:15 a.m.

During the autopsy, the coroner listed Wallace as “morbidly obese.” A toxicology test revealed Wallace had no traces of drugs or alcohol in his system at the time of his death. Wallace’s body was eventually ID’d by his mother and wife.

The Huffington Post says, Wallace’s death at just 24 years old shocked the hip-hop community. He had become a central figure in the East Coast hip-hop scene with the release of his 1994 album, “Ready to Die.” He went on to collaborate with Sean “Diddy” Combs, Lil’ Kim, Faith Evans and Jay-Z. The Brooklyn rapper was killed just six months after the murder of California rapper Tupac Shakur in September 1996.

Wallace’s murder remains unsolved and there are many theories regarding the identities and motives of the murderers. Immediately after the shooting, reports surfaced linking the Shakur and Wallace murders, because of the similarities in the drive-by shootings.

In March, those closest to Biggie paid tribute to the late artist. Combs, Lil’ Kim and others remembered their friend.
Wallace was raised in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. He was the only child of Voletta Wallace, a Jamaican preschool teacher, and George Latore, a welder and small-time Jamaican politician.

At the Queen of All Saints Middle School, Wallace excelled in class, winning several awards as an English student. He was nicknamed “Big” because of his size before he turned 10. At seventeen, Wallace dropped out of high school and became further involved in crime. In 1989, he was arrested on weapons charges in Brooklyn and sentenced to five years’ probation.

Wallace began rapping when he was a teenager.  After being released from prison, Wallace made a demo tape under the name Biggie Smalls, a reference to his childhood nickname and to his stature. When Wallace released his debut album ‘Ready to Die’ in 1994, he became a central figure in the East Coast hip-hop scene and increased New York’s visibility at a time when West Coast artists were more common in the mainstream.

The following year, Wallace led his childhood friends to chart success through his protégé group, Junior M.A.F.I.A. While recording his second album, Wallace was heavily involved in the East Coast/West Coast hip-hop feud, dominating the scene at the time.

Share this article

We welcome comments that advance the story directly or with relevant tangential information. We try to block comments that use offensive language, all capital letters or appear to be spam, and we review comments frequently to ensure they meet our standards. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of Coinspeaker Ltd.