As one of the editors at TheBlogIsMine, I spend much time during the day in the Internet. Even people, who don’t work at the computer, spend countless hours online each day whether it’s social media, photo sharing, Skype, catching up on the latest news or reading interesting blogs such as TheBlogIsMine.
As technology continues to expand, the number of ways that our computers can be harmed increase dramatically each year. However, ordinary users, to my mind, don’t need to worry about various e-threats such as computer viruses, spyware, malware, scams and phishing attacks.
However, there is Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013, the #1 antivirus software with “Editor’s Choice” awards from CNET and PC Mag magazines, offers award-winning protection against all kinds of viruses, spyware, trojans and identity theft without slowing down your computer. What makes it so special?
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 is the latest addition to the developer’s collection, and it has been built to keep up with the recently created or improved threats that wander on the internet. The program is a powerful, accurate and highly configurable antivirus tool that delivers everything you need to keep your PC malware-free.
The core antivirus engine is constantly scanning all your internet, email and instant messaging traffic, for instance, detecting and blocking known threats before they’re able to install.
Two additional proactive technologies are used to uncover brand new threats, while keeping false alarms to a minimum. And the results are so good that independent testing labs AV-Comparatives awarded the program their highest Advanced+ rating in the January-September 2012 Retrospective/Proactive test.
The installation process of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 is rather simple and painless. It doesn’t cause any headache because there is nothing to configure during the installation process. Simply click on the Install button to get the Bitdefender installer running. You don’t even need to choose custom installation as the standard one will do all for you.
Moreover, for Antivirus Plus 2013 version, BitDefender takes privacy and security to new levels. BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2013 debuts with several new features, among them:
- BitDefender Safepay: A secure standalone Web browser that automatically opens when you visit banking and shopping sites. The browser is run in what is commonly called a sandbox mode, a separate virtual environment on your PC. Since the browser is isolated, it prevents many types of attacks that malware uses to capture your sensitive activity, such as keystroke logging, phishing, and network spoofing.
- USB Immunizer: Scans and cleans any malware found on USB drives and other removable media, from CDs to remote network drives. It’s designed to protect you from threats like the Flame virus, and should help keep you from accidentally carrying malware and infecting PCs when you connect your USB drive or other removable media.
- Device Anti-Theft: Included only in the BitDefender Total Security 2013, this tool will allow you to remotely lock, wipe, and locate your laptop–similar to those ‘find my phone’ apps you may have used on your smartphone or tablet.
- BitDefender Autopilot: Hate the disruptive pop-ups that traditionally come with the antivirus software territory? You’ll be able to enjoy your browsing without interruption with this feature. It runs in the background, pop-up-free.
- Social Network Protection: Facebook and Twitter have become an integral part of our lives, and with them, so too has come the fear of falling victim to scams, hackings, and other privacy violations. With Social Network Protection feature, all of the links you receive from friends across various social media sites will be filtered, and your privacy settings will be monitored.
- Parental Control Options: This feature allows parents to block inappropriate content, restrict Web access between certain hours, and it helps them remotely monitor their children’s online activity – even on Facebook!
Staying protected online is very important to us here, at TheBlogIsMine, as we don’t want that our credit card information or other important data will be stolen. We also don’t want to experience a virus that could harm the files on our PCs because there are a lot of important files saved on our computers.
So, put it all together and there’s a lot of power here for your money: if you need the #1 antivirus software with top-notch protection against both online and offline threats then Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 will be an excellent choice for you.
Need even more security?! No problem! Bitdefender Total Security 2013 is right for, however, with a slightly higher price tag than Antivirus Plus 2013. For more information, you can visit the official page of Bitdefender Total Security 2013. For trial purpose, you can put Total Security 2013 a test drive for 30 days.
The last but not the least: BitDefender is giving away a Dell Inspiron laptop pre-loaded with its Total Security 2013 software. Find out how to enter the giveaway contest here.