Kate Middleton Topless: Another Magazines to Publish Scandal Photos

Two more publications have decided to run the topless images of Kate Middleton, leaked earlier this week.

The news comes one day after Britain’s royal family took swift legal action against a French magazine that published topless photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge. Photo: Tom Soper/Flickr

The Irish Daily Star, a tabloid newspaper published in Ireland, ran the images of the Duchess of Cambridge, while Italian gossip magazine Chi revealed its plans to publish them in a special issue next week, reports ABC News.

“I don’t see anything morbid or damaging in them,” Chi editor Alfonso Signorini said. “Chi pays attention to respecting people’s dignity. I don’t think they hurt Kate’s image.”

“There can be no motivation for this action other than greed,” a St. James Palace spokesperson told reporters of the Irish publication.

Northern and Shell, the owners of the Irish Daily Star, said they disagreed with the tabloid’s decision to publish the photographs of the Princess and “very much regret the distress it has caused.”

The scandal blew up a few days ago when the French magazine, Closer, published the images of the Duchess of Cambridge on vacation, sunbathing, under the headline “Oh My God!”

The royal couple believed they would not be photographed as they stayed at the magnificent Chateau D’Autet in Provence, owned by a nephew of the Queen, reports The Mirror.

Kate and her husband were shocked after being told about the news and shown copies of the pictures this morning over breakfast in Kuala Lumpur, where they are on a four-day visit.

“Their royal highnesses were saddened to learn about the alleged photos,” a royal source travelling with the couple told reporters. “The incident, if true, turns the clock back 15 years.”

The Royal source revealed to reporters: “The Duke and Duchess were told about the pictures at breakfast and they have seen the pictures on the website.”

“At the moment we haven’t been in a position to verify whether they are genuine, and we are not going to take any action or consider taking any action until we have been able to consider the photos properly, then we will consider our options.”

By the way, the Royal couple decided to move ahead with their tour of Southeast Asia Saturday in the rainforests of Borneo.

“Their royal highnesses are feeling upbeat, they are enjoying the tour and they will not in any way allow what has happened in France to overshadow the tour and their work on behalf of The Queen,” a palace source tells PEOPLE of the couple’s mood.

After traveling to Sabah, the spouses arrived Saturday by government helicopter to the Danum Valley, where they met with Malaysian and British scientists. Then they were fitted with harnesses and hoisted 130 ft. up a rainforest tree.

William was in a playful mood, as he said: “Girls don’t have the same wardrobe malfunctions as men do,” he said as he waited to be pulled up the tree in his harness. “I hope I don’t have any wardrobe malfunctions.”

The palace insider told reporters that Kate and William are determine to enjoy themselves despite the distraction of the scandalous photos.

“The tour has been organized to celebrate Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee, and tens of thousands of people have already used the occasion to pay joyful tribute to her reign,” the palace source said Saturday.

“Their royal highnesses will not allow this story in any way to dampen that heartfelt and genuine enthusiasm,” he added.

Share this article

We welcome comments that advance the story directly or with relevant tangential information. We try to block comments that use offensive language, all capital letters or appear to be spam, and we review comments frequently to ensure they meet our standards. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of Coinspeaker Ltd.