Brazilian Boy Rises From the ‘Dead’ at His Own Funeral and Asks For Glass of Water

Kelvin Santos, a two-year-old Brazilian boy, was declared dead laid into an open coffin. An hour before his funeral, the boy got up as if he just woke up from slumber, and asked for water.

Kelvin Santos, 2, was declared dead at 7:40 p.m. on Friday and his body was handing over to the family in a plastic bag after he stopped breathing during treatment for pneumonia a hospital in Belem, Brazil on Friday. However, during his wake, for a brief moment, the boy woke up, asked for water and then proceeded to pass away again. Photo: YouTube

Kelvin Santos, 2, was declared dead after he stopped breathing due to complications with pneumonia at Aberlardo Santos Hospital in the northern Brazilian city of Belem.

His body was handed over to his family in a plastic bag and put into an open coffin for a funeral. His grieving family held a wake throughout the night, as reported by Daily Mail.

But suddenly an hour before his funeral, the boy sat back up and asked his father for a drink of water.

“During the wake I held Kelvin and said, ‘son, come back to daddy,'” Antonio Santos, Kelvin’s father, said. “And a few hours later my son sat up in the coffin and said, ‘daddy, give me water.'”

IBT writes that the whole family started to scream, believing the boy had returned to them.

“We couldn’t believe our eyes,” said Santos. “Then we thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life.”

But a few seconds later, reports The Huff Post, the boy’s body fell back in the casket and the family couldn’t wake him up again.

‘Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was,” Santos said. “We couldn’t wake him. He was dead again.”

The funeral was delayed and the boy was rushed back to the hospital where he was pronounced dead a second time.

He said: ‘They assured me that he really was dead and gave me no explanation for what we had just seen and heard.’

“Dead people don’t just wake up and talk,” said the boy’s father. “I’m determined to find out the truth.”

Santos, convinced that his son was victim of medical malpractice, has now registered a complaint with the police who have launched an investigation

“Fifteen minutes after rushing him away for resuscitation, they came and told me he was dead and handed me his body. Perhaps they didn’t examine him properly,” he said.

The boy was buried at 5pm that day in a local cemetery.

This is not the only case of sch a ressurection. A similar one happened in Argentina earlier this year. Except this one had a happy ending.

Analia Bouter was shocked after finding her baby girl alive in a coffin in the morgue about 12 hours after she had been pronounced dead.

Her daughter, born three months premature, was pronounced a stillborn on April 3rd in a hospital in the city of Resistencia. She was put in a coffin and sent to a morgue.

When twelve hours later her parents opened the coffin to say their goodbyes, they instead found that their baby was trembling.

“I moved the coverings aside and saw the tiny hand, with all five fingers, and I touched her hand and then uncovered her face,” said the mother.

“That’s where I heard a tiny little cry. I told myself I was imagining it – it was my imagination. And then I stepped back and saw her waking up. It was as if she was saying `Mama, you came for me!’ she said.

A morgue worker then confirmed the baby was alive.

Share this article

We welcome comments that advance the story directly or with relevant tangential information. We try to block comments that use offensive language, all capital letters or appear to be spam, and we review comments frequently to ensure they meet our standards. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of Coinspeaker Ltd.