Charlie Sheen to Sue ‘Two And a Half Men’ Bosses for ‘Mental Anguish’

Actor Charlie Sheen has demanded a pay rise to return to his U.S. television show “Two and a Half Men” and says he is not angry but passionate.

Charlie Sheen talks to ABC News' Andrea Canning inin his luxury Los Angeles house. Photo: ABC News

In two rambling television interviews aired on Monday, the troubled star, whose erratic behaviour and insults has put the future of his top-rated comedy in jeopardy, ranted about everything from his problems with the top-rated comedy show to denying he has a drug problem, to his thoughts on being misunderstood.

Sheen, responding to CBS’s decision last Thursday to stop production of “Two and A Half Men” for the rest of the season, unleashed an expletive-filled attack on the show’s producer.

He told ABC news in an interview with excerpts aired on Good Morning America that he felt let down the show was stopped.

“I was actually disappointed because I thought, I think the mistake, the mistakes, I made is that people misinterpret my passion for anger,” Sheen said.

Asked if he would sue, he said: “Wouldn’t you? I don’t have a job. I have a whole family to support and love … I am here to collect and they are going to lose.”
He said last week’s attack on the show’s producer and co-creator Chuck Lorre, which some suggested was anti-Semitic, had been misinterpreted.

“I feel terrible about it,” he said. “I just thought, you know, after you wailing on me for eight years, that I could like take a few shots back. I didn’t know you were gonna take your little ball and go home and punish everybody in the process.”

Sheen told the Today show that he was not angry but passionate.

“It’s like, everybody thinks I should be begging for my job back, and I’m just going to forewarn them that it’s everybody else that’s going to be begging me for their job back.”

Speculation has been rife about the future of Two and a Half Men – or at least Sheen’s lead role in it as a womanising bachelor.

TV industry sources have said a deal was already in place for a ninth season, but have declined to speculate whether Sheen would be in it.

Sheen, who is the highest paid actor on U.S. television, told the Today show that to go back to the comedy he would need a pay rise, saying the roughly $2 million per episode he makes now is too low.

“I am a man of my word, so I will finish the TV show. I’ll even do Season 10, but at this point, (because of) psychological distress, oh my God, it’s three mil an episode. Take it or leave it,” he said.

“I’m tired of pretending like I’m not special,” Sheen added. “You can’t process me with a normal brain.”

Production of Two and a Half Men was suspended in January when Sheen, 45, was persuaded to seek help after a wild 36-hour party at his home that ended with him being admitted to hospital.

He denied problems with drugs, said he was not violent with women and had never shown up on set drunk.

“I am on a drug. It’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body,” he said in the ABC interview. [via The Telegraph (UK) and Daily Mail (UK)]

Share this article

We welcome comments that advance the story directly or with relevant tangential information. We try to block comments that use offensive language, all capital letters or appear to be spam, and we review comments frequently to ensure they meet our standards. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of Coinspeaker Ltd.