Facebook’s official company statistics outline the breakdown of the sites over 400 million active users. While the site points out about 70% of Facebook users are outside the US, it doesn’t dive deeper into the U.S. numbers.
According to official company statistics the average Facebook User:
- Has 130 friends on the site.
- Sends 8 friend requests per month.
- Spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook.
- Clicks the Like button on 9 pieces of content each month.
- Writes 25 comments on Facebook content each month.
- Becomes a fan of 4 Pages each month.
- Average user is invited to 3 events per month.
- Average user is a member of 13 groups.
To find out more about the average American Facebook user and how he or she compares to the average American, Muhammad Saleem, a social media consultant and a writer at Mashable.com, created this infographic called “Facebook vs. The United States“. After crunching the numbers and comparing the data, this is what he’s found. [Muhammad Saleem and Facebook via Mashable]
Editor’s Note: The DC number is greater than 100% because of the disproportionate amount of people who technically reside elsewhere but live in DC, and it would include people in surrounding cities who claim to live in DC on their profiles.