It’s time again for the list of the most expensive hotel suites and the latest survey from Wealth Bulletin rounds up some of the usual suspects. We’ve seen the Royal Penthouse Suite at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva Switzerland top lists before and it does here too at the highest rate we’ve seen so far, an astronomical $65,000 a night for the four-bedroom suite. It occupies the entire top floor of the hotel and has bulletproof windows and doors. The suite is popular with international diplomats.
Last year’s winner, the Ty Warner Penthouse at the Four Seasons in New York City was a distant second at $35,000 a night. The top ten list has new entries: The Presidential Suite at the Hotel Cala di Volpe in Sardinia which features a rooftop terrace with a saltwater swimming pool, the Villa La Cupola Suite at the Westin Excelsior in Rome set inside a cupola with a lavish frescoed Jacuzzi area and the Presidential Suite at the Ritz-Carlton in Tokyo. [via Wealth-Bulletin]
10 World’s Most Expensive Hotel Suites according to Wealth Bulletin’s survey for 2009 are:
1. The Royal Penthouse Suite, President Wilson Hotel, Geneva: $65,000 per night.
2. Ty Warner Penthouse, Four Seasons Hotel, New York – $35,000 per night
3. The Presidential Suite, Hotel Cala di Volpe, Costa Smeralda, Sardinia – $34,000 per night
4. Villa La Cupola Suite, Westin Excelsior, Rome – $31,000 per night
5. The Presidential Suite, Ritz-Carlton Tokyo –$25,000 per night
6. The Bridge Suite, The Atlantis, Bahamas – $22,000 per night
7. The Imperial Suite, Park Hyatt Vendome, Paris – $20,000 per night
8. Royal Suite, Burj Al Arab, Dubai, United Arab Emirates – $19,600 per night
9. Royal Armleder Suite, Le Richemond, Geneva – $18,900 per night.
10. The Ritz-Carlton Suite, The Ritz-Carlton, Moscow – $16,500 per night.