One of the biggest question asked by every website owner and blogger last two or three years is why their website or blog is nowhere in Google for any major/minor keyword or even for their domain name. So keep on reading to know why your website gets banned in Google and what you should not do to avoid the same result in near future:
- Content Duplication – If you are coping content from other websites without adding any unique content on your website, you are inviting Google to Ban your website. So avoid copying content from other websites if you don’t want Google to punish your site. Also avoid using the same section of content over and over on your website/blog.
- Hidden text or Links – if your website contains some hidden text or hidden links, your website will get blacklisted. Never tries to use white text or links in white background on your website. Google will easily detect you if you use hidden text or links even in a small section on your website. Using Cloaking – In general, cloaking means creating two different versions of the same website or webpage, one for the visitors and another for the Search Engine crawlers. WebPages that are created for Search engines on your website are packed with keywords and related terms; you want your website to appear on Top in search engines. If you are doing such kind of activities on your websites, you are actually cheating the search engines and asking them to drop your website from search rankings. So avoid this kind of techniques to get high rankings on search engines including Google.
- Doing Keyword Stuffing – Keyword Stuffing/Spamming is using the same keyword over and over on your website and in the code section (like Meta Keyword, Meta Description, Image Alt Tag, Title Tag, Comments Tag etc) without any sense. Don’t use keywords repeatedly on your website and keep your code and content part clean. Keywords on your page should flow naturally.
- Bad Neighborhoods – Linking to already banned websites is a good way to get banned on Google. No Doubt, linking is an important aspect of website promotion in today’s world. But we should avoid adding any kind of links for websites that are already:
– Porn/Adult websites
– Involved in Some link farms
– Gambling websites
– Older websites with no cache or Google page rank
- Spreading Viruses or Bad Files – Don’t distribute any virus or bad files to users for download via your website. Google will put some kind of penalty on your website if they found you involved in such kind of activity. It is Google first priority to protect its users from viruses and bad elements when they surf Internet while making search using their search engine. So double check your documents for viruses before uploading them on your website that are downloaded later by your website readers.
Problems in Robots.txt File – Easiest way to prevent search engines from indexing and ranking your website is disallowing search engine in your Robots.txt file by using:User-agent: *
- Text link buying or selling – buy a lot of links for your website if you want to get your website banned in Google. Google keeps tracks of website that are someway involved in link buying or selling activities. So stay away from such schemes if you don’t want to hurt your search engine rankings. Google may put some penalty kind of penalty like ‘Sandbox’ if they found you involved in such activities.
- Automatic content writing – using some scripts or programs for writing content for your website can ban or hurt your rankings. Google has lots of techniques to determine if the content on a webpage is human created or generated by a program.p.s. If you end up getting your website banned in Google, go to Google reinclusion request form available in Google webmaster tool and request Google to uplift the ban from your website…